An Orb of Augmentation is a currency item that can be used to enhance a piece of magic equipment with an additional random affix. This can only be used on an item with one affix, since magic items can have at most one prefix and one suffix.
Right click this item then left click a magic item to apply it. Magic items can have up to two random modifiers.
Orbs of Augmentation are most often used to add an additional affix to a magic item with only one affix. Unlike its much rarer cousin the Exalted Orb, Orbs of Augmentation are commonly and frequently used by all players, often in conjunction with an Orb of Transmutation and Orbs of Alteration. At low levels or in races, they may be used to quickly craft useful magic items before stronger rare items can be found to replace them. They are also used on strongboxes to potentially improve the items dropped. At high levels, Orbs of Augmentation are used in conjunction with Orbs of Alteration to craft magic items with top-tier affixes as the first step in a long crafting process to produce a high-end rare item. They are also used to craft desirable affixes on maps.
Magic items have the same base statistics as a normal item of the same type, but have magical modifiers on them given by affixes, up to one prefix and one suffix. The types of modifiers that can be found or added to an item depend on its item level, the base type and any additional flags on the item (such as shaped or elder).
A magic item with only either a prefix or suffix property can have a second property of the missing type added to it by using an Orb of Augmentation. The affixes can be rerolled with an Orb of Alteration.
A magic item can be upgraded into a rare item using a Regal Orb. It will retain its current affixes and one new affix will be added.
When Cloak of Tawm’r Isley is equipped, it grants player dropped magic item identified.
(1) They both apply for magic items, which can have up to 2 random modifiers. Orb of Augmentation can only be applied on a magic item with 1 modifier. However, Orb of Alteration can apply for any magic items.
(2) For a magic item with 1 modifier, Orb of Augmentation add a new random modifier. Orb of Alteration reroll the item randomly, and the new magic item may has 2 mods or only has 1 modifier.
(3) If Orb of Alteration reforges a magic item with one awesome affix, you can apply Orb of Augmentation to enchant a new random modifier.
(4) Nessa(Act 1) sells an Orb of Alteration in exchange for 4 Orbs of Augmentation.
You can farm this currency by killing enemies, vendor rare items with 6 mods, purchase from the Nessa, or trade currency with other players.
The drop level of Orb of Augmentation is 1 and the drop rate is 10.328%. You can obtain it easily by slain monsters, chests, and destructible containers. They also drop from Arcanist’s Strongboxes.
An identified rare item with six affixes can be traded for an Orb of Augmentation. Note that magic items may only have a maximum of two affixes.
|1× Orb of Augmentation||
These recipes require multiple items of the same base item type (e.g. Recurve Bow), one from each rarity specified.
|1× Orb of Augmentation||normal, magic, rare|
|2× Orb of Augmentation||normal, magic, rare (all unidentified)|
|Magic Boots with 10% increased Movement Speed ×1||
||The sockets may change, but the base boot type will not.|
|Magic Boots with (X+5)% increased Movement Speed ×1||
||The sockets may change, but the base boot type will not. This can be repeated up to 30% (Cheetah’s).|
|Weapon with x added damage ×1||
||Can be used on the same item multiple times. If used on magic or rare weapons, recipe will remove mods of other types, and turns the item magic if it was rare. If you use a weapon without any added damage mod, or with added damage mod of the highest tier (Flaring for added physical damage), the resulting weapon will have added damage of the lowest possible tier. If you attempt to use a weapon with added damage mod of the tier second to highest (Tempered for added physical damage), the recipe will fail.|
|Ring or amulet with +x to Chaos Resistance ×1||
||Works on magic and rare rings or amulets that already have an explicit added chaos resistance mod. It will remove explicit mods of other types when you do it. Value obtained may be capped depending on the original jewel tier.|
You can also exchange other currency items for it with other players. The following is the price list.
|currency||Pay||Get Orb of Augmentation|
|Orb of Alteration||1||1|
|Orb of Fusing||1||4|
|Orb of Alchemy||1||3|
|Orb of Chance||1||2|
|Orb of Scouring||2||15|
|Orb of Regret||2||15|
(1) The best value of Orb of Augmentation is to add a new modifier on a magic map or flask.
(2) Crafting items: use Orb of Alteration reforge a magic item with one mod you want, then try to get a second mod with Orb of Augmentation. Upgrade the item to a rare item with a piece of Regal Orb.
(3) Trade for other PoE currency items with players. 38 Orbs of Augmentation can exchange for one Chaos Orb.
(4) Exchange 4 Orbs of Augmentation for an Orb of Alteration with Neesa(Act 1)