The Modern Warfare III Weapon Camo system is familiar but comes with additional innovations and a vastly larger pool of camos to unlock. As in MWII, camos are split into two groups: Base and Completionist (Mastery):
New Base Camos (MWIII MP, MWZ)
- There are 18 brand new Base Camo sets in MWIII.
- New Base Camos are unlocked by completing Challenges using MWIII weaponry.
- New Base Camos are unlocked in both Multiplayer and Zombies.
- Multiplayer: Expect four Base Camos per MWIII Primary Weapon and Handgun.
- Zombies: Expect four Base Camos per MWIII Primary Weapon and Handgun.
- Expect one Base Camo per MWIII Launcher and Melee for MP, and the same for Zombies.
Brand New Camo Sets: There are 18 different sets of Modern Warfare III Weapon Camos (which you unlock by playing Multiplayer and Zombies with MWIII weaponry):
- Confirmed Sets are: Poison Frogs, Graphical, Topographic, Glittery Flats, Retro, Neapolitan, Under the Microscope, High Contrast, Wavelength, Two Tone Brushstrokes, Perfect Symmetry, Psychedelics, Blur, Bold, Butterfly, Puzzle, Skeletal, and Glitch Milspec.
Carry Forward (MP) and Added Base Camos (MWZ)
The 14 Multiplayer Base Camo sets from MWII carry forward.
- Brand new Zombies camos have been added to each Carry Forward Base set, doubling each Carry Forward set with new Zombies camos to unlock.
- Carry Forward Base Camos are unlocked by completing Challenges using MWII weaponry.
- Carry Forward Base Camos are now unlocked in both Multiplayer and Zombies.
- Multiplayer (Carry Forward Camos): Expect the existing four Base Camos per MWII Primary Weapon and Handgun, with their existing unlock criteria.
- Zombies: Expect four new Base Camos per MWII Primary Weapon and Handgun.
- Expect one Challenge per MWII Launcher and Melee for MP, and the same for Zombies.
Returning Camo Sets (with New Variants): In addition, all 14 of the Modern Warfare II camo sets return:
- Existing MP Camo sets carry forward from MWII (which you unlocked, or can continue to unlock in MWIII, using MWII weapons)
- Plus, expect to double each MWII set of camos with new variants of existing Camo sets from MWII, which you unlock playing Zombies in MWIII with MWII weaponry. See below for more information.
- Confirmed returning sets are: Spray Paint, Woodland, Digital, Dragon, Geometric, Fun, Foliage, Skulls, Tiger, Stripes, Reptile, Solid Colors, Classic, and Cliffside.
Base Camo Summary
- Once unlocked, any Base Camo can be applied to any weapon in MWIII.
- The total of Base Camo sets (excluding Event and Special camos) is 14 (MWII) + 18 (MWIII) = 32.
COD MW3 Bot Lobby, Boosting, Accounts
- COD Modern Warfare III Services(6% off coupon: z123). MW3 Bot Lobby, MW3 CP Top Up, MW3 Accounts, Boosting, Redeem Codes. Cheap Prices, Fast Delivery, Safety Guaranteed.
Base Camo Totals (834, Estimated and Subject to Change)
MWII Weapons (556)
- Primaries and Handguns (67 x 8): 536 (MP, MWZ)*
- Launchers and Melee (10 x 2): 20 (MP, MWZ)**
- Total Base Camos (MWII Weapons): 556***
MWIII Weapons (278)
- Primaries and Handguns (34 x 8): 272 (MP, MWZ)
- Launchers and Melee (3 x 2): 6 (MP, MWZ)
- Total Base Camos (MWII Weapons): 278***
MWIII Total Base Camos: 834***
(* 268 Base Camos Carry Forward, and 268 are brand new.)
(** 10 Base Camos Carry Forward, and 10 are brand new.)
(*** 278 Base Camos Carry Forward, 556 are brand new, total does not include “Special” Base Camos, or those unlocked via Events or Ranked Play.)